Fall 2013 Election Cycle
As we close out the Fall 2013 semester, we will hold elections for the following Steering Committee positions, to lead the LUG through the next semester:
- President (currently Barry "~IsharaComix" Peddycord III)
- Vice President (currently Matthew "~leafstorm" Frazier)
- PR Officer (currently Stephen "~milkman" Loudermilk)
- Treasurer (currently vacant, most recently Michael "~mamarley" Marley)
Details of the roles of each position are found in our Constitution.
The deadline for nominations is Tuesday, November 19, at 7:00 PM. Nominations may be made in person at a regularly scheduled LUG meeting, or via email to the LUG mailing list.
This page will be updated by ~leafstorm as new nominations are posted.
Our biannual LUG Movie Night and Officer Elections will be held Tuesday, December 3, at 7:00 PM, in Engineering Building II, room 3001. In addition to (probably) watching Travelling Salesman, we will elect officers.
The election procedures are as follows.
- The President is elected first, then Vice President, then PR Officer, then Treasurer.
- If a person is not elected for a particular position, they are permitted to run for all positions whose elections follow.
- No person may hold more than one officer position.
- No person may be elected against their will.
- Each candidate in an election is assumed to vote for theirself.
- During an election, all candidates must leave the room. A non-student (or other non-interested party) will count the votes, call the candidates back in the room, and announce the results.
Last updated by Matthew Frazier at