Fall 2013 Election Cycle
As we close out the Fall 2013 semester, we will hold elections for the following Steering Committee positions, to lead the LUG through the next semester:
- President (currently Barry "~IsharaComix" Peddycord III)
- Vice President (currently Matthew "~leafstorm" Frazier)
- PR Officer (currently Stephen "~milkman" Loudermilk)
- Treasurer (currently vacant, most recently Michael "~mamarley" Marley)
Details of the roles of each position are found in our Constitution.
The deadline for nominations is Tuesday, November 19, at 7:00 PM. Nominations may be made in person at a regularly scheduled LUG meeting, or via email to the LUG mailing list.
- Barry Peddycord III (~isharacomix): Any position
- Matthew Frazier (~leafstorm): Any position
- Caitlin C. (~countingstars25): VP only
- Markus Eger (~Yawgmoth): Treasurer or PR (Election speech)
- Stephen Waddell (~Armillary): Treasurer or PR
- Daniel Glassey (~SperRhal): Treasurer
This page will be updated by ~leafstorm as new nominations are posted.
Our biannual LUG Movie Night and Officer Elections will be held Tuesday, December 3, at 7:00 PM, in Engineering Building II, room 3001. In addition to (probably) watching Travelling Salesman, we will elect officers.
The election procedures are as follows.
- The President is elected first, then Vice President, then PR Officer, then Treasurer.
- If a person is not elected for a particular position, they are permitted to run for all positions whose elections follow.
- No person may hold more than one officer position.
- No person may be elected against their will.
- Each candidate in an election is assumed to vote for theirself.
- During an election, all candidates must leave the room. A non-student (or other non-interested party) will count the votes, call the candidates back in the room, and announce the results.
Voting protocol (inofficial)
Vote for president
Vote for vice-presidency
Vote for treasurer
Vote for PR officer
ShaBren was re-instated as Zombie Defense Committee Chair
A motion was put forth and accepted to propose ~spiffytech as Chairman of the Alumni Committee.
~ik was re-instated as Captain of Switzerland
Last updated by Yawgmoth at