2013-01-14 Planning Meeting
Held at 19:00 in Hunt Library 3208.
At this meeting, we will discuss the LUG's activities for Spring 2013 and beyond.
- Technical session topics for Spring 2013
- Dates and themes for our two hack days
- LUG involvement in FOSS Fair
- Location of LUG meetings (possibility of reserving a consistent room in Hunt?)
- Presentation of Constitutional amendment to expand Purpose
- Presentation of Constitutional amendment to update Officer list
(For reference, our current Constitution is available here.)
The "Name and Purpose" section shall be renamed to "Name and Mission." The second paragraph of such section shall be deleted, and replaced with:
"The mission of the LUG is:
- To promote the understanding of computers and computer science,
- to encourage creative endeavors in computing,
- to provide a forum for learning about and discussing recent developments in computing, and
- to support the use and development of free and open source software."
In the "Officers" section, the descriptions of the officers are to be replaced with:
"The President is the nominal leader of the LUG. They are responsible for communicating with the University and other organizations, directing business meetings, and performing any other duties that become necessary.
The Vice-President assists the President as necessary, and fills in for the President when absent.
The Public Relations Officer publicizes news about LUG events to the LUG and to the greater campus community.
The Treasurer maintains records of the LUG's income and expenses."
In the following paragraph, "Secretary" is to be replaced with "Public Relations Officer."
- Purchase of Raspberry Pis for LUG member projects
- Acquisition of an office/storage closet (or a storage closet-sized office)
Last updated by Matthew Frazier at